Apache2 doesn't work on DF

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Nov 13 12:19:50 PST 2004

:On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:56:01PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>    It could be an IPV4/IPV6 issue.
:
:  I don't think it is related. If I try from the same client, always with
:the same (IPV4) address, it sometimes works, it sometimes fails. ktrace
:shows that a read() returns EAGAIN when it fails.
:
:>    What kind of box is this running on?  UP or SMP?
:
:  1 CPU with hyperthreading. It looks like the problem doesn't happen any
:more if kernel options SMP and APIC_IO are disabled.
:
:  However after a few hours of high load, the box freezes. I don't think
:this is a hardware issue. Memory has been tested and the box was previously
:running Linux with the same tasks but no similar issues. It's a Dell 750. If
:you need ssh access to the box, just ask.

    Hmm.  post your 'dmesg' output.  Also, if you are running HEAD rather
    then DragonFly_Stable, or if you are running a GCC-3.4 built kernel,
    I recommend going back to a standard DragonFly_Stable/gcc-2 built kernel.
    We need to rule-out as many possible sources to the problem as possible.

    It would even be worthwhile to try some of the older stable kernels, which
    you can find on the snapshots site (just the kernels, not the whole ISO),
    to see if the kernel had the problem prior to e.g. 2 months ago.

    I have *never* seen that panic before so its either something that occured
    very recently, or some weird set of build circumstances, or something
    related to how the hardware interacts with the kernel.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>