Standards Conformance

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Nov 12 09:04:16 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 01:58:44PM -0600, Jason Smethers wrote:
> Are there any thoughts as to documenting what standards DragonFly is
> expected to conform to, and where and why these standards have been
> deviated from? e.g. POSIX, The Single UNIX Specification, etc.
>
> What are, or are there any standards that DragonFly officially strives
> to support?

The Single UNIX Specification is the most important standard, it supersedes
POSIX. Unix2003 would be nice too, but I don't know if there is public
documentation for it or wether we have to pay for it.

Another important point is supporting the useful parts of the extended API
of glibc and the *BSD libc/libutil.

Joerg