Symlinking /home and /tmp with bsdinstaller to save space

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Nov 23 05:19:53 PST 2004

I'm going to reinstall DFly from scratch onto my 4Gig laptop.  I'd rather
not have separate partitions for /home and /var or any others that are
absolutely necessary.

Can the installation program handle this intelligently?  What is the best
way to set up just / and /usr while making sure the other directories are
created correctly via symlinks?  I know the handbook talks about doing this
after the manual install, but I'd like to let the bsdinstaller automate as
much as possible.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.