Trigger checkpointing from within the application

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Mon Nov 22 18:03:01 PST 2004

Hi,

I'd like to checkpoint my application without that the user has to type
^E. It's a server application. What I'm dreaming of is a syscall like this:

  if (checkpt('filename.ckpt')) {
    // checkpoint was restored
  }
checkpt() will checkpoint the running application as ^E do. The checkpt
syscall returns 0 for the running application and != 0 when the
checkpointed application is restored.

Or instead of a syscall, how about a special signal, that is called
after the checkpoint was restored?

I have to run some procedures to setup sockets etc. after a checkpoint
has been restored.

Regards,

  Michael