weird mouse (PS/2) output

Liam J Foy liamfoy at sepulcrum.org
Sun Dec 26 18:11:15 PST 2004

On Sun(26)/Dec/04 - , walt wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Liam J Foy wrote:
>
> > It is exactly the same in console. This is a stable machine am trying
> > to make it work on.
>
> It has to be the protocol -- that's the typical behavior I see when I
> have the wrong protocol configured.
>
> The defaults in /etc/defaults/rc.conf work fine for me, the "auto"
> in particular.  And for xorg.conf:
>         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>
> Did you change settings in /etc/rc.conf?  Maybe you forgot the quote
> marks on one of the moused settings?

Nope, my settings are fine. It's pretty weird -  most PS/2 mice have
worked fine for me in the past. The mouse and the PS/2 port are both
fine since it works a dream in windows. If I cannot resolve this, I am
simply going to change it for a USB one.

More suggestions are welcome! (thanks to everyone for the prompt response).

Cheers,
--
- Liam J. Foy
<liamfoy at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>