Keyboard: Problems with German Umlauts: ?. ?, ? ...

Dr. Christoph Hornung christoph.hornung at igd.fraunhofer.de
Tue Dec 14 23:42:51 PST 2004

hi Jörg.

simply "nothing" happens: pressing the key leads to either an "invisible" character (like blank) or a "nothing" character (console stays at the same place).

- And I really tried everything. Maybe the only thing I could have done wrong is that I added charset=... and font=... at the end of /etc/rc.conf
- or are there any configuration files I have to chance first (or later on)
- I tried to map different 8-bit characters in /usr/share/syscons/keybords/german.iso.kbd on scancode \x26 (what should be ü) - and NONE changed -> that's why I assume that something is wrong with the support of 8bit characters
- by the way, I use some "stable version" of november/december (opening up at "1.1 stable) maybe it is a problem with this version...
kind regards
ch