Newbies guide to laptop installs?

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Dec 31 06:43:25 PST 2004

> I did notice one other thing,  I do not have a /etc/rc.conf as per the
> handbook (http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/installation-
> system-setup.html) .  Should I have one?  Is rc.conf configuration the
> same as Freebsd 4.10?   I should add basic network stuff to rc.conf -
> right?

The installation instructions in the handbook predate the BSD Installer,
so some oddness is expected.  You can copy the /etc/rc.conf from the CD,
probably, though there will be a number of options in that file that you
won't want for the live system.  Or, more preferable, you could just
create the rc.conf file and add what you know you need.