DragonFly logo in high resolution?

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at sitetronics.com
Wed Dec 29 23:37:55 PST 2004

Paul Grunwald wrote:
Oliver Fromme <olli at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:419e36fa$0$743
$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi,

Is the DragonFly logo available in higher resolution
anywhere?  I can only find the 134 x 82 pixels one
on the web site.
Oh, and another question:  Who owns the copyright on
that logo?  I mean, whom do I have to ask for per-
mission if I wanted to reproduce the logo somewhere
(on a web site, DVD cover or whatever)?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
  Oliver

Is anyone interested in stuff like this: http://home.comcast.net/
~pgrunwald/debiangoodies.html done for DragonFlyBSD?
I've moved over to the beastie side!

I looked at Devon's page and I'm still not sure who owns this.  It is not
my intention to make a loot hear, rather just promote and make money for
the cause.  (I'm still in the hole for the debian stuff but that's
ok...).

P.
I like this. A friend of Sascha Wildner made a few of those case
stickers for DragonFly and it looks really nice. I've discussed doing a
new logo with several people, but it's surprisingly difficult for a few
reasons:

 o	It needs to be something that doesn't look like a bug
 o	It needs to be something that does look professional
 o	It needs to be something that doesn't look cartoonish
I'm fine doing more artwork for the project, but I'd like some more
ideas. The last idea I had was to make a dragonfly which was a cross
between a dragon and a dragonfly. Sounds neat, but it ends up looking
ridiculous. I'm also thinking of doing some 3D model, but again, I'm not
sure if that's going to turn out great.

You've certainly got my permission to use my art for this. Various
people (including myself) have tried to get in touch with Joe Angerson
regarding the copyright, but he doesn't respond / hasn't responded for
whatever reasons. My versions need to be reworked a little bit. I just
recently downloaded them and noticed that they're actually only the
half-finished versions. So I'll need to fix that.

In any case, if you have ideas regarding something original, please let
me know and I will help bring it into the picture (drumroll, please ;P).

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell