Move existing FreeBSD 4.10 install to DF?

Zera William Holladay zholla1 at uic.edu
Wed Dec 29 17:39:52 PST 2004

On Wed, 30 Dec 2004, Paul Grunwald wrote:

> I have a stable, working FreeBSD 4.10 install on my development machine.
>
> Is it possible (and easy) to move to DragonFlyBSD without a fresh install?
> If not, what should I dump/restore to make it as painless as possible?  I
> have Apache2, Zope3, PHP5, MySQL4, wx200d, and Samba3 on the box now that I
> don't want to reconfigure again for sport.
>
> Thanks,
> P.

Have you looked at http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/upgrade-freebsd.cgi ?

I don't know if there is a way to know for certain that Apache2, Zope3,
. .. and Samba3 will continue to work as planned unless you go ahead and
try it.  DragonFlyBSD is a lot of fun though, so it *might* be worth the
risk???

FYI: The above link is for FreeBSD 4.9.

-Zera Holladay