Compiling apache 1.3.33, php and postgres

Jonas Trollvik jontro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:34:35 PST 2004

I just installed apache, php and postgres on my dragonfly system.
Since I had to configure php for postgres I chose to manually fetch
the sources and install them on my own.

I had to modify all configure.guess files to make them recognize
dragonfly as a valid operating system and on a certain number of other
places.

How come none of these major vendors chose not to include dragonfly in
their configs? (everything was latest release)

Is it worth trying to sumbit patches to make them regonize dragonfly
as a valid os or will they reject them?

Best Regards
Jonas Trollvik