Getting LATEST-Stable

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Tue Dec 14 18:36:13 PST 2004

Bryan Berch wrote:
I have been trying to download the LATEST-Stable.iso.gz a couple of
times from a few of the mirriors and with my slow dial-up the download
stops due to the mirriors updating the iso.  Takes me between 12 to 16
hours to get the file.  I was wondering if this file is only updated
once a day or how often and if only once a day is there a set time when
it occurs so I could time start my download?  Would like to get a newer
iso, but will use my  dfly-1.0A_REL.iso if all else fails on another
machine.

Bryan
Hello Bryan. The LATEST-Stable.iso.gz is just a symlink to the latest
ISO. This would explain why your download gets halted, since this
symlink changes every 24 hours to a new image.

Try to download this ISO image, it is the latest one on my mirror. Also,
make sure you download with some kind of resume-capable download
software incase your connection is unrelieable.

http://bsdtech.com/DragonFly/snapshots/i386/ISO-IMAGES/2CSNAP-20041213-1130-Stable.iso.gz

(replace http with ftp if you prefer that).

Hope this helps!
- Erik