NO_OPENSSL broken...

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Dec 13 16:24:28 PST 2004

:On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
:
:> ...For me, NOCRYPT has outlived it's purpose.
:
:I've always assumed (without knowing any facts) that
:its purpose was political rather than anything real --
:i.e. to satisfy the U.S. legal system.

    Actually I think it is also there so distributions can be constructed
    without encryption for those countries whos governments do not allow
    encryption.  I'm not sure how applicable it is to us, but I'd prefer not
    to just rip it all out if it is not otherwise creating issues for the
    mainstream.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>