Crazy clock

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Dec 6 10:40:37 PST 2004

:Well, well. It seems the TIMER_USE_1 option in the kernel has made the
:clock a lot more stable! I only got a half a second offset in a 5min
:waiting period between ntpdate's. Before it was around few hundred ;)
:
:I'll keep running this for a while and see how it goes.
:-Atte

    This should only make a difference if your kernel is also printing
    out warnings about the BIOS messing with the timer.... assuming you
    are running a recent kernel.  Both timers run off the same clock.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>