Mailing list gateway enhancement

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jul 18 14:25:40 PDT 2003

:
:If the mailing list gateway added "In-Reply-To" to the end of the references on messages coming in through the gateway, threading would work for mailing list messages. That's what I do with my news-mail gateways and it works pretty well even when mail clients toss the references... there's enough info in even one reference that the threading database can keep track.
:

    Could you explain this in more detail?  In-Reply-To: what?  I sort-of
    know what you mean but I am not sure of the context that the In-Reply-To:
    header would be added.  You may just pass it through the mailing list
    hub when someone posts with the header?

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>