[DragonFlyBSD - Submit #3126] (In Progress) Bring in BIOC{S,G}FEEDBACK

bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Tue Apr 3 10:50:22 PDT 2018

Issue #3126 has been updated by tuxillo.

File bpf_biocfeedback.patch added
Category set to net
Status changed from New to In Progress
Assignee set to tuxillo

Hi Sephe,

See attached the new patch, I've deleted the previous one.

Regards,
Antonio Huete

Submit #3126: Bring in BIOC{S,G}FEEDBACK
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/3126#change-13400

* Author: tuxillo
* Assignee: tuxillo
* Category: net
* Target version:
Hi,

The port net/vde2 uses a ioctl command BIOCFEEDBACK for FreeBSD to allow host-guest communication in a vde switch. The attached patch is the initial attempt to bring that ioctl command from NetBSD.
It compiles but it's untested until I figure out how to test it.

I'd need some pointers though:

- Is it okay to use directly ifp->if_input directly? Isn't there a mechanism similar to the one used in bpfwrite() -> bpf_output_dispatch but for input?
- If it's okay to use ifp->if_input directly, wouldn't it need some locking?

Cheers,
Antonio Huete

bpf_biocfeedback.patch (3.33 KB)

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/my/account