[DragonFlyBSD - Submit #2714] Spinlock changes

bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sat Aug 23 02:46:59 PDT 2014

Issue #2714 has been updated by swildner.

I have looked at the patch, but it will not run with DEBUG_LOCKS in the kernel config. It gets stuck here right after entering the kernel from the loader, before the copyright messages and all. I guess it tries to kprintf() something at a point where kprintf() as such isn't usable yet. Have you tried it with DEBUG_LOCKS/DEBUG_LOCKS_LATENCY?

Furthermore, I've changed the following things in the patch:

* Move descr to the bottom of struct spinlock at Matt's request.

* Change the argument order of SPINLOCK_INITIALIZER() to match spin_init()'s order, i.e. "descr" becomes the second argument.

* Fix a broken kprintf() in usched_dfly.c.

* Move some kprintf()s around for cosmetic reasons.

* Adjust indent.

The new patch is here -> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~swildner/spinlock_descr.diff

Submit #2714: Spinlock changes
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/2714#change-12203