[Review] Fixes to the VFS layer

Alex Hornung ahornung at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:49:41 PDT 2011

Francois,

as I said previously on IRC I disagree with this approach to statfs and
hence to your first two patches. You should be using the statfs entry
point and not inspect the statfs structure in the mount point.

For that, you need to simply fix the right thing, which would be the
VOP_STATFS entry of nullfs and make it populate the fields you need as
you expect. On IRC I outlined this in much more detail, so please take a
look at your logs for more info.

That the stat field in the mount point is not populated as you would
like it is *not* a bug and doesn't really need fixing, you should be
using the right approach instead, one that is using the API instead of
raw accesses.

Regarding the other patch, please make sure that you don't break the
initrd infrastructure in the process. Haven't looked in detail at your
patch, but it looks relatively dangerous in assuming where the root
mount is in the mount list.

Kind Regards,
Alex