[issue1847] [patch] add Fred to dloader

Joe Talbott josepht at cstone.net
Thu Sep 23 12:33:12 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 08:27:19AM +0000, Thomas Nikolajsen (via DragonFly issue tracker) wrote:

> Thomas Nikolajsen <thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk> added the comment:
>
> > This patch adds Fred to dloader.  Please let me know your thoughts.
>
> Yay Fred is back; also in technicolor!
>
> It worksM; tried both i386 & x86_64.
>
> Minor things:
>  - the header, 'DragonFly BSD', look better if centered between the two 'panes',
> like in your mail (looks roughly like ..); the patch has header centered on full line.
>  - Fred on right (as old loader) looks a bit better (I guess it is easier to put him at left as in patch).

I've centered the header as you mentioned and put Fred on the right
side by default.  I added a new loader.conf variable; 'fred_on_left'
which anyone who would like Fred on the left can turn on.

The patch is still here:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~josepht/dloader.patch

Thank you for your feedback,
Joe