LAST CALL FOR TEST: Re: Suggestion: Removal of BIND from base / Import alternative DNS Library ldns / import dig replacement drill

Peter Avalos pavalos at theshell.com
Wed Apr 7 21:58:19 PDT 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 06:16:12 +0200, Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer at web.de>
wrote:
> Jan Lentfer schrieb:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have lately been busy working on ripping BIND out from contrib and
>> base. I entirely remove BIND from contrib/ and moved the necessary
files
>> for libresolv into lib/libc so libc still builds and works.
>   [...]

I don't like the idea of having contrib source somewhere other than
contrib/.  I'm out of the country with barely functioning network
connectivity so I'm unable to view your changes.  Apparently you are moving
BIND's resolver library sources into src/lib/libc/.  That seems strange to
me.  Also, what are we gaining by switching from BIND's dns tools to
someone else's?

--Peter