Fixes for ath(4)

Antonio Huete Jimenez ahuete.devel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 05:31:21 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Can somebody please review the following patches?

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~tuxillo/archive/patches/0001-x86_64-Sync-wlan-options-with-GENERIC.patch
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~tuxillo/archive/patches/0002-ath-Fix-module-loading.patch

The first one is to hook up the wlan changes to X86_64, and the second
one just brings the code from the previous release. Basically it is to
register the modules ath_hal and ath_rate properly and make them a
dependency for if_ath.
They allowed me to use ath(4) on x86_64 where now it isn't possible.

Also, there are two remaining issues that I'm aware of :
* You need to issue 'ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0' and use wlan0
instead of ath0 as it was previously. Can this be somehow automated?
* If you create the clone 'wlan0' and you issue a 'kldunload if_ath'
the system is totally frozen, not responding to any input from
keyboard.

Cheers,
Antonio Huete