LAST CALL FOR TEST: Re: Suggestion: Removal of BIND from base / Import alternative DNS Library ldns / import dig replacement drill

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer at web.de
Wed Apr 7 21:16:12 PDT 2010

Jan Lentfer schrieb:
Dear all,

I have lately been busy working on ripping BIND out from contrib and
base. I entirely remove BIND from contrib/ and moved the necessary files
for libresolv into lib/libc so libc still builds and works.
 [...]

I have rebased my work on the latest master.
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~lentferj/dragonfly.git
It will take some time for me to document the upgrade path to BIND from
pkgsrc for those people actually running a BIND based Nameserver. When I
am finished with that and noone strongly objects in the meantime I will
issue a "HEADS UP" on users@ and kernel@ and push it in.

So, take your chance and test :-)

Jan