make nrelease: get rid of cvsup; we no longer depend on it

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Sep 9 00:50:10 PDT 2009

YONETANI Tomokazu schrieb:
make nrelease: get rid of cvsup; we no longer depend on it
So far cvsup hasn't been removed since we supply supfiles for other
BSD's and (IMO) it's still the easiest and fastest solution to obtain
all other BSD's repositories without having to install svn or use rather
slow anoncvs. Just works and doesn't harm anyone.

My personal opinion is that we should continue supporting this and
continue supplying the cvsup binary on the LiveCD since it can't be
compiled from source afaik (due to Modula-3 issues). Matt agreed to this
last time I spoke to him about it in IRC. I know others are not of this
opinion, though (although without providing any good reasons except
"cvsup sucks!" or similar :).

However, if the consensus is that we do not want to keep the cvsup
binary, please also remove the supfiles in /usr/share/examples/cvsup as
well, since they are no longer usable without the binary.

Regards,
Sascha
--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx