Clean up bind commit to master, revert to vendor

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Nov 25 08:56:02 PST 2009

Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
[X-Post to kernel@ for discussion]

Jan Lentfer wrote:
there was some discussion on irc about where README.DRAGONFLY and
README.DELETED had to go.
I have left it the way I did it of vendor/LESS and as it was sugested
on irc (README.DRAGONFLY on master, README.DELETED on vendor).
But generally this should be clarified and the consensus should make
it's way into development(7).
Yes, we should decide.  But both should be on the same branch, for
coherency.
Agreed.

Reasons for master:
- those files don't belong to the tar ball
I think conceptually README.DELETED should be on the vendor branch --
after all we don't commit the tarball as is. We delete files first and
README.DELETED lists those deletions.
Reasons for vendor branch:
- the READMEs describe the files (and what was removed) of the tar ball
- Having README.DELETED on the vendor branch should make for a better
workflow:
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commitdiff/e449f42a7c170b52bb09c6300ba5b6bfdc5a9a01

(Peter, any further input on this?)

I don't mind either, just coherency.  I propose to decide on what goes
where first, and after that do the import.  Or at least pack both files
into the same branch.
Yah, it's no big deal but we should reach a conclusion and document the
procedure in development(7) ASAP, holding back Jan's changes because of
this is probably a bit frustrating for him.
FWIW, for the reasons above, I'd prefer keeping the READMEs on the
vendor branch.
Alright, sounds good to me!

cheers
  simon