Random number generator

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Fri May 8 00:51:48 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Robin Carey <robin.carey1 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]

tsc probably is the highest resolution timer; it should be available
on almost all of the modern system.  HPET is a high frequency timer
(>10Mhz, but compared to tsc, it is quite low freq) and ACPI timer is
@~3Mhz.  They depends on that acpi.ko is loaded, and they are
available relatively later than tsc.

Best Regards,
sephe