new lwbuf api and mpsafe sf_bufs

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Mar 10 17:45:27 PDT 2009

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    If you want to separate out private mappings like that I think the
    LWBUFs have to cached just like they are with SFBUFs.  I like the
    use of the objcache but I think the LWBUF code needs to retain
    a sysctl-programmable number of lwb elements in a RBTREE and try to
    reuse the mappings.  i.e. it needs to be a bit more sophisticated
    then your current design.
Why do these bufs have to go into an rbtree?  indexed by the page?  is the
same page mapped so often?

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /