Autosizing TCP buffers

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Jul 26 12:00:49 PDT 2009

:Here's a patch that autosizes TCP buffers which increases network
:performance over high-latency links.  Please review.  I'm leaving the
:country for a couple months, so I may push this in a couple days if I
:don't get any problem reports.
:
:Thanks,
:Peter

    So far so good, it runs on a test box.  I am rebuilding the world &
    kernel on leaf now and will also run it on leaf.  That should be a
    better test.  It will be running in about an hour.

    netstat -tnaB  (upper case B) can be used to display socket
    buffer sizes, though I'm not entirely sure if the dynamic size
    changes will show up there.