git: Add -Werror to the kernel build.

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Dec 16 00:47:41 PST 2009

Am 16.12.2009 00:14, schrieb Joel K. Pettersson:
I'd guess the following is probably related to this. Anyhow:

A user following the development changes of DragonFly, I noted that
building the kernel now errors out due to warnings of unused variables
- the ones in question being used only by debug code (KKASSERT, etc.),
and my kernel config disabling debug options.
The following files have these warnings:

sys/kern/kern_lock.c
sys/kern/kern_sig.c
sys/kern/lwkt_thread.c
sys/kern/vfs_cache.c
sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c
sys/vfs/nfs/nfs_vnops.c
sys/vfs/hammer/hammer_object.c
sys/vfs/hammer/hammer_subs.c
sys/platform/pc32/i386/pmap.c
I don't know if these fit the preferred style of solving this, but
diffs to remove the warnings (mostly adding #ifdef INVARIANTS) to make
it build attached. At any rate, having a look at it will quickly show
where it's located.
I think I've fixed it (as aggelos suggested). Can you try again with
latest master?

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx