acpi_cpu(4) update

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Sep 3 12:59:52 PDT 2008

:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hasso/acpi-cpu-update.patch
:
:The patch brings in the latest acpi_cpu(4) code from FreeBSD adapted for
:DragonFly and our (old) acpica. This allows modern CPUs to use higher C
:states than C1 which as result makes a laptops with these CPUs run MUCH
:cooler (tested and measured ;).
:...
:Hasso Tepper

    This looks great, Hasso.  I agree re: ACPI-based power handling.  It
    never worked right and isn't used for SMP anyway (there is no working
    idle hook for SMP).  A framework based on load and explicit throttling,
    instead of idle-throttling, is the better way to go anyway.

					<dillon at backplane.com>