dhcp from OpenBSD

VOROSKOI Andras voroskoi at gmail.com
Wed May 28 05:46:53 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>    How about further enhancing that patch to actually include and
>    install those packages on the live-cd?  It should just be a matter
>    of generating the binary packages and including them in the nrelease
>    build.

Do we really want these in the nrelease build? I mean there is a GSoC
for a LiveCD/DVD with all the fancy stuff.

Anyway do you mean something like this?
http://frugalware.org/~voroskoi/dfly/nrelease.diff
Or I've misunderstood you?

Btw, here is my latest version of dhclient patch:
http://frugalware.org/~voroskoi/dfly/dhclient.diff
Note that this is > 3.1Mb

The patch includes the following:
- removes dhcp-3.0 from contrib
- removes usr.sbin/{dhcrelay,dhcpd}
- adds dhclient from OpenBSD as of 2008. May 26.
- some trivial warning fixes from me
- add _dhcp user to:
    - etc/ftpusers
    - etc/group
    - etc/mail/aliases
    - etc/master.passwd

That's all I think. I'm not sure that simply adding the line to these
files is enough as I had to edit my /etc/master.passwd with vipw(8)

voroskoi ~/git/dfly $ ps aux |grep dhclient
root       203  0.0  0.0   504   16 con- IL   12:31PM   0:00.00
dhclient: vr0 [priv] (dhclient)
_dhcp      217  0.0  0.0   532   60  ??  ILs  12:31PM   0:00.17
dhclient: vr0 (dhclient)

Seems to work. But we should fix the nrelease problem too, so it's not
in final state. Also let me know if you find any problem with it!

Have a nice day!