dhcp from OpenBSD

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Sun May 25 14:26:35 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 02:14:57PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     * dhcpd and dhcrelay exist in pkgsrc and work?  Did I understand that
>       correctly?  If so then I agree that they should NOT be placed in the
>       base system but should simply be used from pkgsrc.

Yes. It is a current version and regulary updated.

>     * With regards to OpenBSD's new dhcpcd 4.0.0-beta5, my recommendation
>       is that we not worry about it at the moment but I'd like to see what
>       Andras thinks about it after taking a quick look, since he is
>       currently our point man with the dhcp work.

s/OpenBSD/NetBSD/

I've done the review and import of the code. It still needs some
polishing work to integrate it, but it is nice, small code.
E.g. the dhclient binary is 6x larger than dhcpcd :-)

I'm not convinced that privilege separation is buying much for a dhcp
server, but I haven't bothered to check which parts are having what
priveleges.

Joerg