Kick dhcpd in base ? [was: Re: OpenBSD dhclient]

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Mar 20 03:15:55 PDT 2008

Matthias Schmidt wrote:
* Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
How about renaming dhclient currently in our base system as odhclient?
Matt suggested the same (except it was ndhclient).  This has the
drawback that we have to take care of two dhclients (including two sets
of man pages etc).  But if a reasonable number of people want to keep
the old isc version, this would be the easiest solution.
If OpenBSD's client works fine (and it seems it does), I don't see much
gain in keeping the old one. We have enough time to sort out issues with
it if they arise.

About the ISC dhcpd, is it possible to fix building it without the ISC
client, i.e. separate the question whether we want a new client from the
question if we remove the daemon from base?

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx