OpenBSD dhclient

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Mon Mar 17 03:40:38 PDT 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     I think you should bring it into our tree but under a different
> name so people can mess with it without wiping the current dhclient.
> That way much wider testing can occur.   Maybe call it 'ndhclient' for
> the moment?
>
>     Ultimately if we decide to scrap the current dhclient we can rename
>     ndhclient to dhclient.  For now we want flexibility to ease
> testing.

I don't think that it's necessary. At least basic functionality is already
tested by several people including me and it's not something new - the
code is in use for several years in both OpenBSD and FreeBSD. The work to
modify /etc to work with several DHCP clients isn't just worth of it.

--
Hasso Tepper