Installer import into HEAD

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Thu Mar 6 23:41:50 PST 2008

I've got an incoming import of the BSD installer v1.1.6 to /usr/src
which I wanted to get some basic feedback on before I import it (or I
could just import it since it shouldn't muck with anything else
important). To actually use this there are very slight changes to files
under

 /usr/src/nrelease/installer

that need to be made.

What I've added are the following directories:

 /usr/src/contrib/bsdinstaller-1.1.6
 /usr/src/usr.sbin/dfiube_installer
 /usr/src/usr.sbin/dfiube_curses
 /usr/src/lib/libaura
 /usr/src/lib/libdfui
 /usr/src/lib/libinstaller

This work puts two binaries in /usr/sbin:

 dfiube_installer
 dfiube_curses

and does NOT install those three libraries which are only needed
for the installer.

An open question is how to restrict this build to a /usr/src/nrelease
build. I don't know how to do this yet, and I'm not sure it's worth
it.

This was a lot easier than I thought it would be, so naturally
I'm suspicious of it. It does build successfully on my machine
outside of a buildworld (the buildworld test is running now).
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

A king who feared wasps once decreed that they would be
abolished.

As it happened, they did him no harm. But he was eventually
stung to death by scorpions.