RFC3542 support on DragonFly BSD.

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Sun Jul 27 22:50:31 PDT 2008

Dashu Huang wrote:
> Another question, in your email, you said that "There is just no point
> to preserve the code for compatibility with RFC2292", do you mean all
> the RFC2292 related codes that have been obsolete by RFC3542 should be
> removed from the OS (for example inet6_option_space,
> inet6_rthdr_add()), or you just mean we can remove RH0?

Just RH0 related code of course. Preserving compatibility with RFC2292 in
general is must be.

> As I know, in current FreeBSD OS those old RFC2292 related API such as
> "inet6_option_space(), inet6_rthdr_add()" are preserved.

And we must preserve it as well. You should be careful not to break whole
world of course by removing blindly all strings that contain "rth" :).
All inet6_rthdr_*() functions must exists (from both old and new API),
but there is no point to handle RH0 in these. For now where we don't
support type 2 routing headers these functions can be simple "return
something that shows we don't support any routing header type".

--
Hasso Tepper