bios0sio

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jul 4 12:29:53 PDT 2008

:>>
:>> While trying to get DragonFly running on my pcengines router box (an AMD
:>> geode Soekris-like box) I noticed that DragonFly's boot0 loader doesn't
:>> support a COM console. The patch below adds support from FreeBSD.
:>>
:>> If no one objects, I'd like to commit it.
:>
:> Btw, the patch should change the sha1 sum of the generated binary when
:> compiled without -DSIO, so I think it's safe to commit.
:
:Arg, "should NOT".

    The patch looks ok but I don't understand the bit about the sha1
    hash.  If the binary winds up being different, the sha1 hash is going
    to be different.

					<dillon at backplane.com>