MPLS support for DragonFly

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 1 14:58:59 PDT 2008

:Hi All,
:
:I have this patch [1] sitting in my tree for several months now (just
:caught up with HEAD last weekend) but maybe it's time to ask others
:opinion before it grows spider webs on it :). It adds MPLS (Multi
:Protocol Label Switching) support to DragonFly and still has some
:loose ends but basically it works. For now, only static mpls routes
:are supported. To make it really usable, an LDP and / or RSVP
:implementation would be needed to accompany it. If reviews are
:positive I would like to put it in and commit it maybe after the
:release in order to allow for wider testing.
:
:[1] http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~nant/wip/mpls-20080701.patch
:
:Thanks,
:Nuno

    It looks pretty clean.  The only thing I see is that you've stuck
    the routing in the ip_output code.  Isn't it supposed to be
    multi-protocol?  i.e. more of a MAC-like layer routing and not
    necessarily just for IP ?

					<dillon at backplane.com>