add start/stop/restart single jail to /etc/rc.d/jail

Kevin L. Kane kevin.kane at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:38:22 PST 2008

> Your patch is against rev 1.4.  The newest one is 1.5, so the patch
> won't apply cleanly.  Could you please resubmit a diff against latest
> HEAD.

Ok will do.

> To be on the safe side, this would be nice.  A bit of awk/shell magic
> should do the trick.  A jls output with the same jail happens quite
> often (for me at least :):
>
> JID     Hostname        Path    IPs
> 10      jail1   /usr/jail/j1    10.253.195.110
> 8       jail1   /usr/jail/j1    10.253.195.110

Is that happening because one of them should be there or are both of
those running at the same time.  I get that alot when I kill a jail
and then it goes away after a random interval of time, seems like
something goes around and does some garbage collection after a
fashion.

Is it appropriate to assume that identical jls entries are not a
normal mode of operation, i could easily send stop signals to both of
them.

Thanks,
Kevink

--