add start/stop/restart single jail to /etc/rc.d/jail

Matthias Schmidt schmidtm at mathematik.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 2 09:21:27 PST 2008

Hi Kevin,

* Kevin L. Kane wrote:
> I was getting very annoyed at the fact that when I do /etc/rc.d/jail
> restart it restarts all jails and there didnt seem to be an easy way
> to do that for only one jail on a machine.
>
> The attached patch allows you to do
> /etc/rc.d/jail (stop/start/restart) (jailname)

Your patch is against rev 1.4.  The newest one is 1.5, so the patch
won't apply cleanly.  Could you please resubmit a diff against latest
HEAD.

> Something that might need more thinking(this works well enough for me)
> but on stop it searchs the jail list for a jail referenced by
> jailname.  It then finds the JID based on hostname and issues jexec
> JID kill -TERM -1.  If your jls gets filled up with multiple entries
> for the same hostname it gets kinda broken, also if you have jails
> that do in fact have the same hostname you also get confusion.  Maybe
> it should match all fields instead of just hostname?

To be on the safe side, this would be nice.  A bit of awk/shell magic
should do the trick.  A jls output with the same jail happens quite
often (for me at least :):

JID     Hostname        Path    IPs
10      jail1   /usr/jail/j1    10.253.195.110
8       jail1   /usr/jail/j1    10.253.195.110

Regards,

	Matthias