bin-install test

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Sat Nov 24 23:44:38 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 09:15:52PM -0500, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> Can someone put these two lines in their /etc/mk.conf:
>
> BINPKG_SITES+=http://pkgbox.dragonflybsd.org
> DEPENDS_TARGET+=bin-install
>
> And then go to some package you want in the pkgsrc tree, and perform a:
>
> 'bmake bin-install'
>
> This should install whatever package and its dependencies, building from
> source only when the package needed isn't present as an existing binary at
> one of our mirrors.  If it does or does not work, please tell me.
>
> Make sure that you have a version of pkg_install from this year; pkg_add
> -V will tell you and 'bmake install' in /usr/pkg/pkgtools/pkg_install will
> upgrade it.

I just tried to use it to install dependencies for devel/mercurial.
It worked for some packages, but failed for others, say asciidoc:

$ pkg_add -V
20070730
$ cd /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc
$ bmake bin-install
===> Binary install for asciidoc-8.1.0nb2
=> Becoming ``root'' to make su-do-bin-install (/usr/bin/su)
=> Installing asciidoc-8.1.0nb2 from /home/pkgsrc/packages/All;http://pkgbox.dragonflybsd.org/All
ftp>

Here it dropped to interactive prompt of ftp command.  If I type `exit'
it gives up and tries to build the package from source.  But I'm doing
this on DragonFly snapshot inside VMware fusion, so it may have something
to do with its NAT connection.  I'll try this on a real machine later.

Thanks.