cvs commit: src/lib Makefile src/lib/libpthread Makefile README dummy.c

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Thu May 3 14:53:44 PDT 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 15:44, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
[...]
> Don't know if this fixes thunderbird; can someone who has it linked against
> libpthread switch the symlink and test?

I've built the pkgsrc 2007Q1 thunderbird but I can't reproduce a crash on
startup. If its dot dirs are available, thunderbird seems to work with
libc_r, vanilla libthread_xu and libthread_xu + prio patch. However, if you
remove the dot dirs and start thunderbird with the symlink pointing to
libthread_xu, it gets stuck waiting for two locks (presumably two threads do
the waiting, ktrace is not lwp aware so doesn't help much). Kill it, and next
time it starts up just fine. Given that this doesn't happen using libc_r,
chances are the locking code in libthread_xu could use some debugging. This
would be fun to do (especially if it turns out the bug is in the mozilla
code :P), but I can't volunteer.

That said, I think the two patches I posted can safely go in. Please commit
while they still apply :)

Thanks,
Aggelos