NIC vlan(4) capabilities

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:32:11 PDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
:Hello,
:
:This updates the drivers equipped to do hardware VLAN support to
:announce the fact. This is already done by em(4) and re(4) and allows
:control of the features via ifconfig. Capabilities were checked against
:FreeBSD and the respective man pages.
:
:Is it worth setting IFCAP_VLAN_MTU in dc(4), fxp(4), sis(4), ste(4) and
:tx(4) as they are documented as supporting long frames for vlan natively?
:
:Regards
:
:Gary
    I don't know how this got lost, I noticed it while searching for
I thought you had committed it :P

    the recent vlan thread.    Gary posted it in December.

    Sephe, are these patches still applicable?  It looks like they do.
Yeah, of course they do.  I will commit them once I got home.

Best Regards,
sephe
--
Live Free or Die