multi-vkd support patch for review

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sat Mar 10 03:19:28 PST 2007

C.Turner wrote:
Attached is a multi-vkd patch for vkernels on the 1.8-RELEASE branch.
I've cleaned it up a bit and added some words to the man page. Please
check out http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~swildner/multivkd.diff

Vinum Check:

well - perhaps eventually.. current status (after relabeling):

  # cat vinum.conf.disks
  drive d1 device /dev/vkd1a
  drive d2 device /dev/vkd2a
  # vinum create -f vinum.conf.disks
  Bus error (core dumped)
Can you cvsup and try again? This was due to a bug in get_empty_drive().
When I try your example now, I get:

# cat vinum.conf
drive d1 device /dev/vkd1a
drive d2 device /dev/vkd2a
drive d3 device /dev/vkd3a
drive d4 device /dev/vkd4a
# vinum create -f vinum.conf
Can't open /dev/vinum/controld: No such file or directory
   1: drive d1 device /dev/vkd1a
** 1 Can't initialize drive d1: Operation not supported by device
   2: drive d2 device /dev/vkd2a
** 2 Can't initialize drive d2: Operation not supported by device
   3: drive d3 device /dev/vkd3a
** 3 Can't initialize drive d3: Operation not supported by device
   4: drive d4 device /dev/vkd4a
** 4 Can't initialize drive d4: Operation not supported by device
rm: /dev/vinum: Directory not empty
Can't create /dev/vinum/controld: File exists
0 drives:
0 volumes:
0 plexes:
0 subdisks:
and I think I won't look further as the build box is a PII-450
that's chewing on a pgksrc bulk at the moment..
Well, regardless of the vinum issue, I think what we already have is
useful enough to be committed.

The only thing I'm wondering about is if we should rename the '-r'
option to the more general '-D' (analogous to -I). Any opinions on this?

I'll commit the patch next weekend if no one objects.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx