ACPI-CA update patch for review

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Mon Jan 8 21:31:07 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 12:17:37AM +0100, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> >Turned out that an extra crit_exit() in objcache_reclaimlist() appears
> >to be the cause of this lock up, and the machine now boots up fine
> >without ACPI_USE_LOCAL_CACHE.
> >I also updated to use the most recent version of ACPI-CA code.
> >  http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/acpi-20061109-17.diff
>
> With latest HEAD, your patch and a SMP kernel I get a hang on acsem on
> sysctl.  I'll look into this tomorrow.

Was it a complete hang, or stuck for a few minutes?  Was that during early
in the boot, or sysctl from the command line (either in single- or multi-
user mode)?  Also, if you were able to drop into DDB, please send me the
backtrace, in particular a few function names below (I mean callers of)
AcpiOsWaitSemaphore().

Thanks.