patch to randomize mmap offsets

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Tue Jan 16 07:59:06 PST 2007

Kevin L. Kane wrote:
I pulled this little patch from OpenBSD to randomize mmap offsets as
per request on projects page, described by
http://www.openbsd.org/papers/auug04/index.html
Given other comments, I think you should put all the changed code under
an #ifdef, and add that to conf/options to be defined in file opt_vm.h
(e.g., VM_MMAPOFF_RANDOMIZE opt_vm.h), then include opt_vm.h in the
relevant files. Ofcourse, the option wouldn't be enabled by default, but
people who want security through obscurity can easily enable it at their
leasure in their kernel config, and recompile :).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at netphreax.net