vkernel article

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Fri Apr 27 06:19:16 PDT 2007

On Friday 27 April 2007 00:53, Matthew Dillon wrote:
[...]
>     I really liked the article.  Poor LWN, though, I don't think their
>     reader base is sophisticated enough for the article if all they can
>     do is complain about it not being Linux.  I'd like to see it in some
>     of the BSD rags.

Me too, if only to see the inevitable "This was also on lwn.net. Eeew. This
site is now tainted for ever as far as I'm concerned" comments :)

More seriously, the people who post comments are hardly representative of the
reader base and that goes for lwn.net as much as for the BSD news sites. I
think the extra exposure to developers was worth the delay in getting the
article published and the few "what's a bsd article doing here" comments.

That said, I'd be more than happy to send it to e.g. daemonnews if I could
find a way to contact them in their pages (can someone with sharper eyes help
here?). Alternatively, if/when it finds its way in the docs or in the wiki, I
can submit the url to, say, bsdnews. If anybody has a better suggestion, I'm
all ears.

Aggelos