em(4) Rx and Tx descriptors

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 06:15:37 PDT 2007

On 4/12/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
:Not wrong, but corrected according to hardware capabilities ;). But you have
:to know the code to have this knowledge.
:
:And even in this case if there is silence in dmesg regarding Rx and Tx
:descriptors, success isn't the only option. You might make typo while
:editing loader.conf for example.
:
:regards,
:
:--
:Hasso Tepper
    Was there a resolution to this?  Do we want to still add the additional
    verbosity as per the patch or would it be easier to just change the
    device printf to be a little more verbose ?
I have no objection to add two read only sysctl nodes; It may be
better than parsing dmesg if certain program needs those values.  If
Matt thinks it is OK too, I will commit it.
Best Regards,
sephe
--
Live Free or Die