final take for website layout

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Oct 31 18:31:34 PST 2006

On Tue, October 31, 2006 3:36 am, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

> 1. I like the current bright red for the headings, it really says in an
unobstrusive way "hello, i am a heading!"

> 2. I think the pages and section names on the navigation left should
differ in some way so that the organization is easier to understand.  I
guess just making the page names not bold or smaller might be the right
thing.  Maybe also the underlines make the text bulky.  After all it is
> navigation, it should be expected that there are links - no need to mark
them as such by underlining.

These are easy enough to fix:
http://www.shiningsilence.com/newdf/site/data/base8.html

> overall I like it, yet a little bit too plant-y and too few fred-y, but
whatever :)

The plant images are all from Matt's publically available photos.  I did
start out with dragonfly images, but it was overkill, visually.  I didn't
want it to look like one of those planet*.com sites.

> ps: did you receive that new logo mockup from joerg or so?  it looked
pretty slick

I did - it looks neat.  (very Aqua/iMacish)  We have yet to get release
from the artist.  However, it can always come in later, thanks to css.