ACPI-CA update patch for review

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Wed Nov 29 14:58:15 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 10:47:46PM +0100, Victor Balada Diaz wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 10:21:03PM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> > Hello.
> > Here's a patch against HEAD(probably applies to Preview) to update ACPI-CA
> > code in our tree to 20060912 with help from Jeffrey Hsu:
> >   http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~y0netan1/acpi-20060912-14.diff
> >
> Hi,
> testing it on my Sony Vaio VGN-S4XP hangs after:
>
> npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
> npx0: INT 16 interface
> Using XMM optimized bcopy/copyin/copyout
> acpi0: <Sony> on motherboard

Is this from boot -v?  If you set debug.acpi.disabled in the boot loader,
does it still hang?  The possible value may be "ec", as acpi_ec subsystem
doesn't probe on my laptop (other possible values are explained in acpi(4)).

If above doesn't work, I'd like you to build acpi driver with debugging
support and activate it to see where it's hung.
  $ cd /sys/dev/acpica5
  $ export MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=$HOME/obj ACPI_DEBUG=yes ACPI_DEBUG_LOCKS=yes
  $ make cleandir; make cleandir
  $ make obj && make depend && make
  $ su
  # make install && reboot
to activate the feature, you need to set two kernel environment variables
  debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_ALL_DRIVERS"
  debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_VERBOSE"
in the boot loader prompt.  You may want to adjust the layer and the level
to trim down the number of debugging output (see acpi(4) for detail).

> Seems that there is just acpi_toshiba maybe we do also need acpi_sony?

Basically these modules are optional and the acpi driver itself should
work without them.

Thanks for your time.