unbreak individual module building

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 06:40:03 PST 2006

On 11/13/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:     No, all files outside of the machine headers MUST include <machine/*.h>,
:     NEVER <cpu/*.h>.
   I should explain this a bit more.  What is happening here is that
   there are platform architecture specific includes <machine/*.h> and
   there are cpu architecture specific includes <cpu/*.h>
   BUT all #include lines must go via <machine/*.h> in order to give the
   platform architecture a chance to override or enhance/add-to the
   cpu architecture.
Sorry, I didn't read the commit log carefully enough :-P.  Thanks for
the explaination.
   Because of all this the buildworld (in src/include/Makefile*) and
   buildkernel (in src/Makefile.inc1) targets synthesize the 'missing'
   <machine/*.h> header files by either creating a forwarding header
   file to <cpu/*.h> or simply copying the <cpu/*.h> to the machine/
   sub directory in the object tree or in /usr/include.
I prefer to synthesizing missing headers:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/config2.diff
Please review it.

Best Regards,
sephe