ACPI-CA update patch for review

Victor Balada Diaz victor at bsdes.net
Thu Nov 30 12:57:57 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 07:54:59AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 10:47:46PM +0100, Victor Balada Diaz wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 10:21:03PM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > > Here's a patch against HEAD(probably applies to Preview) to update ACPI-CA
> > > code in our tree to 20060912 with help from Jeffrey Hsu:
> > >   http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~y0netan1/acpi-20060912-14.diff
> > >
> > Hi,
> > testing it on my Sony Vaio VGN-S4XP hangs after:
> >
> > npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
> > npx0: INT 16 interface
> > Using XMM optimized bcopy/copyin/copyout
> > acpi0: <Sony> on motherboard
>
> Is this from boot -v?  If you set debug.acpi.disabled in the boot loader,
> does it still hang?  The possible value may be "ec", as acpi_ec subsystem
> doesn't probe on my laptop (other possible values are explained in acpi(4)).

This was not from boot -v.

set debug.acpi.disabled="ec" on loader prompt doesn't help.

> If above doesn't work, I'd like you to build acpi driver with debugging
> support and activate it to see where it's hung.
>   $ cd /sys/dev/acpica5
>   $ export MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=$HOME/obj ACPI_DEBUG=yes ACPI_DEBUG_LOCKS=yes
>   $ make cleandir; make cleandir
>   $ make obj && make depend && make
>   $ su
>   # make install && reboot
> to activate the feature, you need to set two kernel environment variables
>   debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_ALL_DRIVERS"
>   debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_VERBOSE"
> in the boot loader prompt.  You may want to adjust the layer and the level
> to trim down the number of debugging output (see acpi(4) for detail).

This laptop doesn't have serial port and hangs before probing syscons,
so i can't see all the messages it gives.
I copied by hand the ones i can see from boot -v with the options
you suggested:

ACPI: FACS @ 0x0x3feadfc0/0x0040
ACPI: APIC @ 0x0x3fe9cefc/0x0068 ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x00000050)
ACPI: BOOT @ 0x0x3fe9cfd8/0x0028 ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x00000001)
ACPI: MCFG @ 0x0x3fe9cf9c/0x003c ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x0000005f)
ACPI: SSDT @ 0x0x3fe983aa/0x064f ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x20030224)
ACPI: SSDT @ 0x0x3fe97d0e/0x069c ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x20030224)
ACPI: SSDT @ 0x0x3fe978c9/0x0277 ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x20030224)
ACPI: SSDT @ 0x0x3fe976aa/0x021f ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x20030224)
ACPI: SSDT @ 0x0x3fe97491/0x0219 ( v 1  Sony	V0 0x20050523 PTL 0x20030224)
npx0.nexus0.root0
npx0: <math processor> [tentative] on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
Using XMM optimized bcopy/copyin/copyout
npx0: <math processor> [attached!] on motherboard
acpi0.nexus0.root0
acpi0: <Sony> [tentative] on motherboard

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.